CREATIVE MIND. HUSTLER AMBITION. GORILLA SPIRIT. NEW YORK-BRED.
Gregg Miele, Performance Specialist.
Born & raised New Yorker.
Grew up in a family of teachers.
Youth Volunteer Firefighter: Hillburn, NY.
Community College kid who found addressed and strengthened my weak links.
I have 3 rescue dogs.
I have been knee-deep in the trenches of this fitness industry since 1997. I have completed many of the nation’s top certifications to date. I personally mentored under and studied today’s leading educators in the field of fitness & wellness: (NASM to Athletes Performance. USA Weightlifting to the CHEK Institute. From Grass-fed cattle ranches to Weston A. Price’s research, From Juan Carlos Santana to Micheal Boyle, Vern Gambetta to Mark Verstegen, Paul Chek to Charles Poliquin, Gary Grey to Grey Cook.) I’m constantly learning, searching, and applying and I get STRONGER every day.
I grind-ed through a 4 hour a day commute for 3 years just to work at Manhattans premier training facility, The Sports Center at Chelsea Piers. After paying my dues and climbing through the educational & practical rungs I started New York City Strength & Conditioning Industries. A private personal training company catering to some of NYC’s prominent figures. During this time I founded my signature Self-Discipline™ wristband (www.selfdiscipline.com), which serves as a reminder to make conscious decisions throughout the day. Tools to help battle your training, eating, fiscal, addiction, mental & emotional habits.
For the past 18 years, I have had the pleasure of working with a diverse group of individuals from all walks of life including some of the world’s most influential players in the game: Superbowl Champions. World Series Champions. NBA Champions. Grammy Award winners. Oscar winners. Wall Street tycoons, Politicians, Supermodels, Fitness competitors. Pre & Postnatal inspirations. I also had a unique opportunity to work with and mentor under Shawn ‘Jay-Z’ Carter for 5 years. I have been on multiple world tours coordinating training and nutrition programs from almost every major city in the US to Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Along this journey I had was able to visit and train in over 100 gyms worldwide.
In July 2008, on a one-way plane ticket, I brought my services to sunny Southern California to help open the Gatorade G-Fit Gym.
It was time in my career to build my own brick-and-mortar home…HEART&HUSTLE™, Los Angeles’ most prestigious, private, one-on-one personal training facility.
An accumulation of all I have seen, all that I have been through, all that I have studied, collected under one roof.
This is my heart ⚒
This is my hustle ⚒
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Performance Enhancement
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Corrective Exercise Specialist (in progress)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Pre-Post Natal
- AAAI & ISMA Pre & Post Natal Certified
- Poliquin International Certification Program 1
- Poliquin International Certification Program 2
- Charles Poliquin Maximal Results For Achieving Optimal Body Composition 2016
- Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) & Strengthening Practitioner /Aaron Mattes Method
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach
- CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 1
- CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 2
- Dynamax Trainer/Coach Certified
- Functional Movement Screen Level 1
- Functional Movement Screen Level 2
- AquaLogix Certified Trainer
- EXOS Performance Specialist
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Westside Barbell Special Strength Certification (Pending)
- Certified Functional Strength Coach (Pending 2017)
- Postural Restoration Institute Myokinematic Restoration 2017
- BNB Level 1 Certified Boxing Coach 2017